Monday, August 8, 2016

Meet Rebecca



Hi everyone, my name is Rebecca Malone, and I am thrilled to return as Communications Director of NeW at AU! Originally from Wilmington, Delaware, I am a rising senior in the SIS Global Scholars Three-Year Program, and I am majoring in International Studies with a thematic concentration in U.S. Foreign Policy and National Security, a regional concentration in Europe, as well as a minor in Political Science and a French Language Translation Certificate. I am very happy to be a part of such a strong group of conservative women, and I can’t wait to see what the 2016-2017 academic year will bring!


My academic interests are homeland security, intelligence, and counterterrorism. Last summer, I studied abroad at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, in the United Kingdom where I took classes in Western National Security and Peace Building, as well as completed an independent research supervision. Additionally, in the past, I have interned with U.S. Senator Tom Carper and the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Homeland Security.


This summer I will be living in DC, interning with the Department of Defense, and figuring out my post-grad plans for when I graduate in December. When I am not working this summer I intend to make progress on my reading list, explore the city, visit some new museums (my favorites include the National Gallery of Art, Hirshhorn, Renwick, and National Portrait Galleries) and learn how to cook in my new apartment!

Happy Summer, and I look forward to working with NeW at AU once again!

Check out some pictures of Rebecca:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.